Dealing with depression by yourself without any therapy, support and/or medication can be more complex than it has to be. You, together with someone you trust as your closest support person, can benefit significantly from depression counselling in Victoria or via telephone.
We make taking the first step towards better mental health a little easier with a free 15-minute call to set your mind at ease if you have any questions.
Counselling for depression can be approached in various ways and can be helpful to you, a loved one or a friend you are supporting to understand depression and possible symptoms better. Here is how we can help and support you:
· Individual counselling. We always first discuss the current mental status of anybody with depression, so they can understand what they’re feeling and experiencing.
· Relationship counselling. Understanding depression and how it can influence relationships is one aspect we can discuss during these sessions.
· We offer group sessions where you can join others with depression in a group setting. It can make you feel more comfortable talking about your own experiences.
We offer counselling for depression and anxiety in different ways, as well as in-person or on the phone; if you are beyond a 30km radius of Bacchus Marsh, you can’t leave the house or feel more comfortable talking in such a setting.
Counseling for depression can extend into group therapy sessions that you can also benefit from once you feel comfortable enough to share with others. Here are some of the added group options we offer:
· Meditation and mindfulness. Meditation can help to calm anxiety and change negative thought patterns. By doing mindfulness meditation, you can focus on finding your inner peace and learn to be more mindful of yourself and others.
· Anxiety support group. Anxiety and depression often go hand in hand, with anxiety being a symptom of many human conditions. By joining others in an anxiety support group, you can share your experiences with a group that can relate and understand.
· Art group therapy. Sometimes there is no better way to express yourself than by picking up a paintbrush and giving expression to your emotions and feelings. Our art therapy involves an art activity followed by a discussion.
Joining a group therapy session may be a bit daunting if you are not comfortable being around people. Still, we always encourage you to try it, as you might find substantial relief from your anxiety if you discover that social settings aren’t that intimidating.
Why Choose Us
We provide a safe space to share your thoughts, feelings and challenges, and we will listen and provide you with tools and knowledge to better live with your condition or adapt your life for improved mental wellness. Other therapies we offer are anger management, grief, trauma, addiction, self-image, self