Our experienced, qualified counsellor provides a range of tailored services to people of all abilities, genders, and ages, regardless of their sexuality or background. Rebecca is registered and complies with the ethical guidelines of the Australian Counselling Association. Her membership status means she is approved to provide mental health assistance to families, groups, couples, and individuals. We offer loss and grief counselling and support to those suffering from depression, anxiety, and trauma. Why not take advantage of Rebecca’s no-cost, obligation-free 15-minute phone call offer to determine if she is the right counsellor for you?
Loss affects everyone differently, and several factors influence how we experience and express it. Nonetheless, there is no need to ride the rollercoaster of stress and pain alone.
· Shock may cause physical reactions such as headaches, tiredness, and muscle aches. You may feel sick, dizzy, and nauseous for days or weeks afterwards. Emotional responses could include feeling numb, dazed, empty, or refusing to believe what happened.
· Grieving may lead to behavioural and social changes such as insomnia, nightmares, losing your appetite, and not wanting to be around people. You could feel lonely if friends avoid you because they don’t know what to say.
· Bereavement may have various physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual consequences. Sadness, despair, guilt, and anger responses are not uncommon. You could become forgetful and experience poor memory, confusion, and difficulty concentrating.
· You might even find it hard to continue believing in things you were once sure of, such as your religious or spiritual convictions.
Trying to be strong for others could add to the pressure. Why not talk to us as part of self-care during challenging times? We can see you through the process and help you cope.
Our clients include individuals that suffer from loneliness and stress, experience relationship problems, or must manage change. As we realise you may not be in a position to hang on if you require help, we do not have long waiting lists and can assist on short notice.
· You don’t need a referral from your general practitioner or a mental health plan to obtain support from our private practice and overcome your challenges.
· We provide evidence-based assistance to facilitate reaching your objectives, including solution-focused therapies, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), and art and play therapy.
· We offer a confidential, safe space where you can share your difficulties, be they concerns about your body image, sense of self-esteem, or an addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Our resources and tools enable us to intervene therapeutically concerning anger management and boundary setting.
You can send us an email, give us a call, or make a Telehealth or telephone appointment via our booking system at any time. Let’s discuss your needs if online loss and grief counselling does not suit you, as we may be able to assist with face-to-face services.