Get in touch if you have experienced one or more stressful events that have destroyed your sense of security, causing you to feel vulnerable. Psychological trauma can result in distressing memories, flashbacks, or nightmares. Emotions that don’t fade can leave you feeling disconnected, numb, and unable to trust others. Rebecca provides trauma counselling to clients who experience pain and do not feel safe. In addition to offering her services online, she is available in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, to meet with clients in person.
It is possible to experience trauma due to your emotional response to a life or safety threat. Any situation that left you feeling isolated, helpless, overwhelmed, or frightened may have caused psychological damage.
· The following one-time events may bring about emotional trauma, especially if they happened in childhood or unexpectedly: an aggressive or violent attack, injury, or an accident.
· So too can ongoing situations such as repeated episodes of domestic violence, childhood neglect, and physical, sexual, or verbal abuse. Continuous bullying, enduring a debilitating illness, and living in an unstable or unsafe environment are substantial factors.
· Do not overlook causes such as the death of someone you love, ending a meaningful relationship, and separation from a parent. Surgery or intrusive medical procedures during early childhood, deliberate cruelty, and a demeaning or intensely distressing experience can have a long-lasting effect.
We can help you heal your life in an environment where you feel understood, safe, and respected. Get in touch with Rebecca, whether you suffered a significant sudden event yesterday or had to endure continuing adverse circumstances years ago.
Reach out if you or any family member is experiencing emotional or physical symptoms following trauma. We offer affordable, accessible services. Rebecca is a qualified, experienced counselor registered with the Australian Counselling Association.
· Allow her to help if you or other family members are in a state of disbelief, denial, or shock after a disturbing event. Also, if you have anger issues, mood swings, and irritability. She will support you if you are dealing with confusion or have trouble concentrating.
· Rebecca assists those who experience fear, anxiety, and agitation or feel hopeless, depressed, and sad. Talk to her if you are startled easily or face self-blame, shame, and guilt.
· Physical symptoms that indicate you need her empathic assistance may include insomnia leading to fatigue and a racing heartbeat. Emotional and psychological pain may also lead to muscle tension, aches, and pains.
Feel free to get in touch if you have trouble functioning at home or work or need drugs or alcohol to feel better. You will not go onto a long trauma counseling waiting list. We know you need to start the healing process as soon as possible once you have decided to reach out for help.